The changes that the female body goes through as it ages is really deep! I know that I am relatively young, but I can see how my body has changed over the years, especially once I hit the 25 year mark. I used to be able to maintain my weight with relatively little exercise but over the past few years, it has proven harder and harder for me to do so. I have finally resigned myself to the fact that, though I have a healthy diet, I have to be more selective about what I eat and I need to exercise daily.
Now that we’re in a new calendar month, I have decided to become more serious and intentional about making healthy choices in order to maintain physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental health.
I am currently doing a detox for at least a week that will involved drinking water and fresh fruit and vegetable juices during the day while enjoying a big tasty green salad in the evening. I have done a similar detox before and my body has always sighed and thanked me, so I am looking forward to similar results this time…and I lost so much weight when I did this. I am not sure how much weight I want to lose (at least 30 pounds) but I do know that I need to make some positive changes in my diet and exercise, and this detox seems like the best first step.
Some of the benefits of fasting:
- rest the digestive system
- allow for cleansing and detoxification of the body
- create a break in eating patterns, while shining a spotlight on them
- promote greater mental clarity
- cleanse and heal “stuck” emotional patterns
- lead to a feeling of physical lightness, increasing energy level
- promote an inner stillness, enhancing spiritual connection